Saturday, July 19, 2008

One month old

Yup, our little man is now one month old. (well yesterday he was) I can't believe how time has flown by. Some recent changes that have happened this week:

1) Hayden is now in size one diapers instead of newborn - awww my kid is getting so big already! I compared the size one to his newborn and there's about an inch or two of difference. I can't believe he is already a size one!!

2) Hayden's umbilical cord fell off today! This is great news as Hayden HATES - as in screams VERY loudly the WHOLE time - sponge baths and so now we can try giving him a real bath and see how he does. It kind of scared mom a little bit. I was changing his diaper and went to put alcohol around his belly button. The doctor had told us to start lifting the stump a little bit to get underneath it some, so I went to barely lift it and it came off in my hand. I was afraid I had ripped it off but there was no blood or puss or anything, it had completely healed. It's so weird changing his diaper now and not seeing it.

3) Sleeping. It's not going so well. Actually it's going great during the day, just not at night. We have started feeding Hayden a bottle (only 2 ounces) of formula at night to try to help him get some more sleep in that first part of sleep. The first night we did it he slept for a good 5 hours. Since that, it didn't really work much. But yesterday he slept four hours. We will keep trying as mom really needs to get some more sleep so maybe that will help her milk come in. Formula helps him sleep longer because it takes his tummy more time to digest it verses digesting breast milk.

4) Missing Daddy - Zach went to children's camp this week with church. So it was mommy's first time without him. I didn't do it alone though. My mom came in to stay with me while Zach was away. I wasn't ready to be a single parent quite yet. Mom was a big help at night - although she didn't "baby" me as much as Zach does! I am such a spoiled wife. But we both were very excited we he came home today. He was very much missed

5) NEW BATHROOM - While mom was here we painted our master bathroom. I AM SO EXCITED!! It had gray walls before YUCKY. Now it is just a plain brown/khaki color. Matches the bedroom walls. It looks great!

Okay I think that is all of the changes that has happened lately. We go to the doctor again this Thursday and we are excited to find out how much weight Hayden has put on. Mommy goes to her 6 weeks postpartum doctor appointment on Friday so lots of doctors visits this week.

More pictures of Hayden and my new bathroom coming soon!!

No comments: